5 WAYS TO REDUCE HAIRBALL VOMITING
1. Brush Your Cat : Routine brushing for your cat with proper grooming tools is ideal in minimising hairball vomiting. With lesser loose fur on them means lesser swallowing of their own fur when they are licking and cleaning themselves. There will also be lesser fur flying around in your home. Pay extra attention to their coat when it’s shedding period.
2. Food Is Important: What they consume daily plays an important role in their hair and skin condition. Poor quality of food given to your cat can cause skin problem and fur loss. There are cat foods specially for hairballs control and prevention that may help. If you are unsure, seek advice from the vet on the appropriate diet for your cat.
3. Provide Plenty Of Water: With sufficient water consumption, your cat’s intestinal tract will stay hydrated and lubricated which allow hair to pass through smoothly. If you cat doesn’t like drinking water, offer some wet food instead to keep them hydrated.
4. Hairball Gels: To ease the problem of hairball vomiting, many pet industries offer different kind of cat products that you can get it off the shelves. All this products are made to help your cat to get rid of the hairball through their stools more easily rather than vomiting out. Consult qualified personnel on the suitable product for your cat.
5. More Activities For Your Cat: It is true that all cats love to groom themselves. But too much grooming is not good for them as they will swallow more fur that are caught by their tongue while cleaning. A good way is to have more entertainment and distraction for your cat so that he/she will keep their mind away from excessive grooming time and enjoy their time spent on other activities with you.
Hairball vomiting is common in cats. But frequent vomiting may indicate other health problems such as inflamed bowel. Hairballs can also cause blockage in the intestines.
We can’t prevent it from happening, but we can surely do our part to minimise it effectively!
By Sylvester (The Precious Pets Care Services)
9/17/2019 10:32:51 pm
It’s great reading this article! Our cat tend to vomit fur-balls quite often as she has long and furry coat. We hope we can minimise it with this methods. 👍🏻
9/18/2019 09:48:15 am
9/30/2021 11:54:09 pm
Hi! very useful information you got there. Tks!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
The Precious pets
“Some things just fill your heart without trying”